Marty Lamb is asking for Your Vote for Republican State Committee this Super Tuesday
Posted Feb 21, 2016
It’s time to change the Massachusetts landscape by electing more Republicans. We need balance at the State House.
Every 4 years Republicans elect the 80 member state committee that governs the Massachusetts Republican Party. You get the choice on March 1st.
I’m running to make a positive difference. In 2013, I was the Co-Chairman of the successful effort to repeal automatic gas tax hikes. We built a statewide grassroots effort to collect 146,000 signatures to get on the ballot. We were one of only 3 campaigns nationwide to do a ballot question only using volunteers.
Not only did our efforts save taxpayers from automatic gas tax hikes, but we also held Democrats accountable for their votes. As you know they passed the tax increase in an off election year in the hopes voters would forget.
This taxation issue became the pivotal issue in the race for Governor. Martha Coakley supported increasing the gas tax despite believing we only pay 10 cents in gas tax. At our victory party, Charlie Baker said it was the major reason why he won!
I’m not going to rest on my accomplishments. I want to build on them. As your next Republican State Committeeman, I’m committed to:
- Recruiting more Republicans to run for legislative offices. Voters need to have a choice.
- Re-instating the charter for the Massachusetts Federation of Republican Women that was unfairly revoked. We need more outreach groups, not less.
- Fighting illegal immigration. I believe that we need to stop Massachusetts from being a magnet state.
- Helping candidates raise money to run a competitive race.
- Keeping caucus votes in the hands of the people rather than the party’s bosses.
If you want a more vibrant Republican Party, I would be honored to have your vote on March 1st.
Marty Lamb for Republican State Committee.